A while back I posted a sketch for a coronet I had gotten a commission for. In the post I pondered about coronets in general and SCA coronets in particular. If you’d like to see the sketch and read what I said, you find it right here: “A Coronet for a Baroness”
I promised I’d post some pictures of the process of making the coronet, I’ve failed miserably with this, but below you can see a few pictures at least.
Some of you have asked me what kind of components and materials I use. In this case I used 58cm raw brass metal banding for the base, 12 raw brass stampings for the points, 18 leafy brass settings (which I painted with an green enamel pen) for the 18 lovely little vintage half drilled rowanberry red glass beads. 24 head pins for securing the “berries” and the 6 mother of pearl coated 8mm top pearls , 6 settings for the 6 absolutely gorgeous vintage romb cut crystals, four different kinds of gold bronze and varnish for the metal finish, a meter or so of brass wire to mount the 126 4-5mm potato shaped freshwater pearls, and last of all, I lined the coronet with red velvet trim. So now you know! *grin*